At American Hat Makers, we believe in giving back to our community. It is not only a core belief of ours, it is written into our mission statement:
At American Hat makers our mission is to produce distinctive hats while treating our customers and employees with compassion and integrity and bettering our community through service and philanthropy.
Recently, our American Hat Makers family has been asking ourselves:
“What can we do to make a difference in the lives of American service men and women?”
As part of our ongoing dedication to bettering our community, American Hat Makers is proud to announce a new initiative, Hats for American Heroes.
The purpose of Hats for American Heroes is to give back in the best way we can to those who have given – and continue to give – their all for us. We want to do anything and everything we can to the men and women in uniform – both active military and veterans.
Did you know:
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 21.8 million veterans of the U.S. armed forces as of 2014, and approximately 10 percent of them are women.
- California has the highest number of veteran residents, with 2 million, followed by Texas and Florida, each with 1.6 million.
- According to the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, as many as 20 percent of troops who served in Iraq or Afghanistan since 2001 have come home and reported having PTSD.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that in 2013 there were 722,000 unemployed veterans.
To that end, through Hats for American Heroes, American Hat Makers will:
- Donate hats to America’s heroes through community events and charitable giving opportunities.
- Donate financially to reputable organizations that support our service members and veterans.
- Offer employment opportunities to America’s military personnel and their families.
Hannah & Garth Watrous attending Master Chief Navy Seal Steve Viola 30 year retirement ceremony as a notable Navy Seal with several accolades.
We want to show support and gratitude for those on active duty, retired veterans, and the wounded, injured, or sick. We hope that our efforts will not only help our heroes, but also inspire others to volunteer, donate, and support the men and women who so selflessly put their lives on the line for our freedoms.
Please join us as we salute and give thanks to our American Heroes!
Written by Jessica Johnson for American Hat Makers